3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2018 1:14 PM by Evan Donahue RSS

How to rebuild disc

Diego Madeira

Hi

I have a SteelHead model 1050H featuring failure on one of the disks. I do not have physical access to the equipment, so I would have to rebuild remotely. Is it possible to rebuild remotely? (by the web interface for example or even by command line)

• Re: How to rebuild disc
    Evan Donahue

Hi Diego,

If you are planning on having someone on-site replace the failed disk and it is already marked as failed, it should be automatic when it is replaced. However you could manually mark it using the command line before & after the replacement:

1) raid swraid fail-disk <disk number>

2) replace the disk

3) raid swraid add-disk <disk number>

If you just want to try re-adding the existing disk and try a rebuild:

raid swraid add-disk-force <disk number>

Hope that helps,

Evan

Diego Madeira

Hi Evan

I think these commands would help me, but when I run them I get the following message: "RAID not supported on this hardware platform."

I also saw that there is a native "show raid" command, but also a message "RAID not supported on this hardware platform"

Are there any alternatives?

Best Regards

Evan Donahue

Hi Diego,

Terribly sorry, I must have mis-read your model earlier. I don't believe the 1050H has the capability to rebuild because it is configured for performance rather than data protection. It needs physical access for a disk replacement & power down to become functional again. Let me check the knowledge base; I think there is an entry that has more data.

Evan

Edit: the KB number I was thinking about is S14006