2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2018 2:27 AM by Giuseppe Jackson RSS

NAT ???

Giuseppe Jackson

Hy everybody!

I have tried to replicate the Network Address Translation (NAT) layout reported within the Riverbed documentation (I'm working in the Project editor, only).

I have put the ip_traffic_flow_alt flow, in order to make the NAT functionality, but I didn't understood what it does and I received the error that you can see in Figure called "layout_for_NAT_and_error.png". Instead, Figures "inside_ouside.png" and "NAT_on_firewall.png" show the NAT setting parameters on the firewall device which is present in the network.

Anyone knows how to implement NAT in a router or in a firewall devices? And ho to verify it?

Thank you!

• Re: NAT ???
    ishan kapoor

It seems that error is for end to end delay, which could be because the IP ping isn't really recording the end-to-end delay. If you send proper IP end-to-end flows like the ones they use in this example project, you might get past this error. Although technically the error is harmless for your results.

• Re: NAT ???
      Giuseppe Jackson

Thank you.

I have used a proper IP end-to-end flow, called ip_traffic_flow_alt, since it is suggested by the product documentation, but I don't know how to validate the NAT function in order to demonstrate the I have used NAT in a correct way).