1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 5, 2017 3:56 AM by Paul Conway RSS

Satellite Based WSN

Razan Abdulhammed
Riverbed Staff I need to simulate a satellite based WSN.

I am planning to use  Zigbee Model as my WSN platform and the STK software for Satellites Design

Currently,I am using  MODELER 18.5 with Wireless suite license

Do I need extra License?

I designed a simple STK: When I import *.sa I got the following messages

1. Unable to convert STK file (C:\Users\UB\Documents|STK11(x64)*.sa):general failure.
  2. Failed to import STK orbit file (C:\Users\UB\Documents|STK11(x64)*.sa).
  3. When I use the Topology -> Import STK Ephemerise File.

It show me a new menu for the Edit trajectory Information which I can save as a trajectory file Any one can help me on how to create a satellite node and import these in OPNET

Can anyone help me?  Videos,Tutorials,and Labs are helpful

• Re: Satellite Based WSN
    Paul Conway

Razan,

This question is already assumed answered, so I don't know if the following will help much...

For satellite orbit files (path .sa file), please see the Modeler 18.5 documentation for the Wireless Module, Modeling Wireless Networks -> Orbits for importing STK Orbit files (STK 3.0 or higher).

For mobile node trajectory files (Ephemeris .e file), please see the Modeler 18.5 documentation for the Wireless Module, Modeling Wireless Networks -> Trajectories -> Importing STK Ephemeris files.

I noticed in your description that you included an asterisk (*) in the file name.  That is probably why you received the general failure. According to Procedure 6, you choose either a single STK file or All STK files under a chosen directory.