You can use the Operational Show Command Validation rules (aka the template checker rules) for such a policy compliance check.
Here is what you would require to do in brief, please refer to the NetAuditor user guide for further details.
- Create template specification XML file (you can start with example spec files provided in [install-dir]\models\module_ref\netdoctor\Example_Rule_Parameter_Files\Operational_Show_Command_Validation\3122\match)
- In the template spec file you define the following:
-- device match criteria to identify devices you want to check
-- configuration file match criteria to identify the show command output to check - show running or other show commands
-- Groups of checks - where you can define sections (e.g., interface config section), and which commands (specified in a text file) that need to be present in those sections
- Launch the Configure/Run NetDoctor dialog box, expand the "Operational Show Command Validation" rule suite and check either the vendor-OS specific Show Command Output Differs from Template File rule
- Specify the directory where the above template spec file is created as the Match template specification
- Enable XLSX reporting (if needed) by checking the export to spreadsheet checkbox in the setting tab
- Save and run NetDoctor
Hope that helps.