1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 18, 2017 7:51 AM by Golan Shem-Tov RSS

set JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS for SCAI agent on winhost

Ronny Klockare

Hi All,

is there a way to  set JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS for the user instead of System variable?
we are running both JBoss enterprise tools and DynaTrace, and to avoid a conflict we need to set JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS in the user variable instead.

The user I Created is a domain user with Local Admin and 'Logon as a service' rights.

It all works well until I reboot the system then the Agent wont find the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS anymore.

any suggestions?

• Re: set JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS for SCAI agent on winhost
    Golan Shem-Tov

Microsoft KB has this , I know the article is talking about windows vista but when I follow the steps it seems to have those user variables
    See if this works or reply to this thread if it does not and I can try to investigate more

To resolve this issue, modify the user environment variables by using the User Accounts item in Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click StartStart button , type Accounts in the Start search box, and then click User Accounts under Programs.

User Account Control permission If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    2. In the User Accounts dialog box, click Change my environment variables under Tasks.
    3. Make the changes that you want to the user environment variables for your user account, and then click OK.