4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2014 7:19 PM by Brandon Adkins RSS

SteelScript running after Riverbed FORCE (help)

Brandon Adkins

I decided since I had space on an EX560 running VSP to install the OVA. I ran into a problem importing the OVA it said it was incompatible hardware.

I had to extract the OVA and edit OFV; replaced VMX-09 with VMX-07 then the device installed fine.

However I seem to be missing something here what are the credentials to access via SSH and Web URL?

• Re: SteelScript running after Riverbed FORCE (help)
    Christopher White

HI Brandon,

Thanks for the hint about VMX-07.  Glad you were able to get it up and running!

The credentials are SSH: vagrant/vagrant (we use Vagrant to build these) and the web login is just admin/admin.  I believe the web server in the VM is exposed on port 30080, so if the VM is up and running, point your browser to http://127.0.0.1:30080

...cj

• Re: SteelScript running after Riverbed FORCE (help)
      Brandon Adkins

That got me logged next hurdle was I has I had to update my default route something with how the VAGRANT script is setup didn't allow DHCP to set it correct. After a quick edit of /etc/network/interfaces I was set.

iface eth0 inet dhcp

up route add default gw x.x.x.x

Two other questions if you are installs on an ESX server is there really a need for the second NIC just trying to understand where eth1 comes into play?

My other question was I was attempting local PCAP Analysis and getting a path error I've been hesitate to do too much modification here because everything else appears to be working.

Internal server error:

ValueError: Please set local_settings.TSHARK_PATH to the proper path to the tshark executable

===

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/vagrant/virtualenv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/steelscript/appfwk/apps/datasource/models.py", line 1491, in do_run

query.run() and

File "/home/vagrant/virtualenv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/steelscript/wireshark/appfwk/datasources/wireshark_source.py", line 214, in run

raise ValueError('Please set local_settings.TSHARK_PATH '

ValueError: Please set local_settings.TSHARK_PATH to the proper path to the tshark executable