4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2014 11:55 AM by Jamie Lozan RSS

Installing AppFramework

Jamie Lozan

I'm having some issues installing the appfwk that I'm hoping so can help decipher what's going on.  I installed steelscript fine with pip and now when I try to install appfwk with "pip install steelscript.appfwk" - it runs for quite a while (15 minutes or so?) and fails.  Although watching the output, it looked like it installed numby and pandas fine.  Yesterday, I tried to install all components separately rather than using pip and had the same errors.  Now when I run "steel about", this is what comes up.  This is on Windows 7.

----------------------------------------

Cleaning up...

Command C:\Python27\python.exe -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='c:\\use

rs\\lozja001\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip_build_LozJa001\\ansi2html\\setup.py';exe

c(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n')

, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record c:\users\lozja001\appdata\local\temp\pip-

fa9ot_-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile f

ailed with error code 1 in c:\users\lozja001\appdata\local\temp\pip_build_LozJa0

01\ansi2html

Storing debug log for failure in C:\Users\LozJa001\pip\pip.log

C:\Python27>steel about

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Python27\Scripts\steel-script.py", line 9, in <module>

load_entry_point('steelscript==0.9.4', 'console_scripts', 'steel')()

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\steelscript\commands\steel.py", line 968,

in run

cmd.parse(sys.argv[1:])

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\steelscript\commands\steel.py", line 257,

in parse

subcmds = [subcmd for subcmd in self.subcommands

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\steelscript\commands\steel.py", line 351,

in subcommands

i = obj.load(obj)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 2182, in load

self.require(env, installer)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 2196, in require

items = working_set.resolve(reqs, env, installer)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources.py", line 626, in resolve

raise DistributionNotFound(req)

pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: django-ace==1.0.1

• Re: Installing AppFramework
    Mohd Syafiq Ramlee

Hi Jamie,

You need to install django-ace package.. Perhaps you can try command pip install django-ace? 

If it already there, you need to remove that package and look for specific version which was 1.0.1. I had experience where steelscript need the exact version of certain package.

Jamie Lozan

Thanks!  I tried that and it looked like django installed fine, but when I run steel about it gives me the same result, so I tried to run the steelscript.appfwk install again and it fails with this error in the pip.log file.

Cleaning up...

Removing temporary dir c:\users\lozja001\appdata\local\temp\pip_build_LozJa001...

Command C:\Python27\python.exe -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='c:\\users\\lozja001\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip_build_LozJa001\\ansi2html\\setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record c:\users\lozja001\appdata\local\temp\pip-wqsfhw-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile failed with error code 1 in c:\users\lozja001\appdata\local\temp\pip_build_LozJa001\ansi2html

Exception information:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\basecommand.py", line 122, in main

status = self.run(options, args)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\commands\install.py", line 283, in run

requirement_set.install(install_options, global_options, root=options.root_path)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\req.py", line 1435, in install

requirement.install(install_options, global_options, *args, **kwargs)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\req.py", line 706, in install

cwd=self.source_dir, filter_stdout=self._filter_install, show_stdout=False)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\util.py", line 697, in call_subprocess

% (command_desc, proc.returncode, cwd))

InstallationError: Command C:\Python27\python.exe -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='c:\\users\\lozja001\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip_build_LozJa001\\ansi2html\\setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record c:\users\lozja001\appdata\local\temp\pip-wqsfhw-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile failed with error code 1 in c:\users\lozja001\appdata\local\temp\pip_build_LozJa001\ansi2html

Mike Garabedian

Hi Jamie,

There seems to be a bug in ansi2html which affects Windows installations.  If you run the following command it should install a corrected version which should work:

C:\Python27\Scripts>pip install --upgrade https://github.com/ralphbean/ansi2html/archive/develop.zip

However, if you didn't manually install numpy and pandas, the process will likely fail when it gets to those packages.  See the following set of build instructions using a virtualenv on windows:

1) First, download numpy and pandas from the following urls (the site can be a bit slow, but its the best source for compiled python binaries for Windows):

NumPy — Numpy

numpy‑MKL‑1.8.2.win‑amd64‑py2.7.exe

pandas 0.13.1 : Python Package Index

pandas-0.13.1.win-amd64-py2.7.exe

2) Now, create a new virtualenv and activate it:

> pip install virtualenv

> cd <whereever>

> C:\Python27\Scripts\virtualenv.exe venv

> venv\Scripts\activate

3) Install binary and special dependencies:

(venv) > cd <DownloadsFolder>

(venv) > easy_install numpy‑MKL‑1.8.2.win‑amd64‑py2.7.exe

(venv) > easy_install pandas‑0.13.1.win‑amd64‑py2.7.exe

(venv) > pip install --upgrade https://github.com/ralphbean/ansi2html/archive/develop.zip

4) And install rest of steelscript plus its other dependencies (order here matters):

(venv) > pip install steelscript

(venv) > steel install

(venv) > pip install steelscript.appfwk

(venv) > steel install --appfwk

This should get all the pieces installed, though you may want to also consider installing into a virtual machine which will be a lot smoother of an installation, and a better tested environment.  See here for details: riverbed/steelscript-vm-config · GitHub

We will also be hosting VM images on our support site for download in the next couple of weeks, so that could be a good option in the near future as well.

Thanks,

Mike