4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2014 11:56 AM by Rossel Vermette RSS

Import geo location IP

Rossel Vermette

Hey,

I've created 2x files for the geo locations for my environment and followed the syntax using the samples that were in the examples directory.

Locations.txt

"SITE1-cc1",49.89147,-97.1425

"SITE1-cc2",49.89147,-97.1425

"SITE1-cc3",49.89147,-97.1425

"SITE1-cc4",49.89147,-97.1425

"SITE1-cc5",49.89147,-97.1425

IPs.txt

"SITE1-cc1","10.7.11.0","255.255.255.0"

"SITE1-cc1","10.7.12.0","255.255.255.0"

"SITE1-cc2","10.7.21.0","255.255.255.0"

"SITE1-cc3","10.7.31.0","255.255.255.0"

"SITE1-cc4","10.7.41.0","255.255.255.0"

I can then import in the locations.txt file no problem using the command: `python manage.py locations --import-locations ./Locations.txt` and can see the entries in the admin portal.

When I try to run the import for the IPs using the following command: `python manage.py locations --import-location-ip ./IPs.txt`  I get the following error:

KeyError : 'Unknown location: SITE1-cc1'.

If I go thought the admin portal, I'm able to add the location-ips individually one at a time, but would love for a bulk import to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Re: Import geo location IP
    Mike Garabedian

Hi Rossel,

We actually have a fix for that already committed to github, and should have a new version of steelscript-appfwk posted to PyPI shortly.

-Mike

Mike Garabedian

Rossel,

Updated SteelScript packages have been posted - you can get the updated versions by running the following command:

$ steel install --upgrade --appfwk

Once this is complete, you may need to reset your existing project if you have errors (there have been some minor database changes).

Let us know if you run into any issues!

-Mike

Rossel Vermette

Ok,

Ran the update:

1# steel install --upgrade --appfwk

/usr/local/bin/steel:5: UserWarning: Module _markerlib was already imported from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist                                             -packages/distribute-0.6.49-py2.7.egg/_markerlib/__init__.pyc, but /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setu                                             ptools-5.5-py2.7.egg is being added to sys.path

from pkg_resources import load_entry_point

Checking if pip is installed...done

Installing steelscript...done

Installing steelscript.netprofiler...done

Installing steelscript.netshark...done

Installing django-admin-tools...done

Installing steelscript.appfwk...done

Installing steelscript.wireshark...done

Installing steelscript.appfwk.business-hours...done

Now if i run the steel about I get the following errors:

# steel about

/usr/local/bin/steel:5: UserWarning: Module _markerlib was already imported from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist                                             -packages/distribute-0.6.49-py2.7.egg/_markerlib/__init__.pyc, but /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setu                                             ptools-5.5-py2.7.egg is being added to sys.path

from pkg_resources import load_entry_point

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/bin/steel", line 9, in <module>

load_entry_point('steelscript==0.9.3', 'console_scripts', 'steel')()

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/steelscript/commands/steel.py", line 968, in run

cmd.parse(sys.argv[1:])

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/steelscript/commands/steel.py", line 257, in parse

subcmds = [subcmd for subcmd in self.subcommands

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/steelscript/commands/steel.py", line 351, in subcommands

i = obj.load(obj)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/distribute-0.6.49-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line 2086, in lo                                             ad

if require: self.require(env, installer)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/distribute-0.6.49-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line 2099, in re                                             quire

working_set.resolve(self.dist.requires(self.extras),env,installer))

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/distribute-0.6.49-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line 600, in res                                             olve

raise VersionConflict(dist,req) # XXX put more info here

pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (django-announcements 1.0.2 (/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages), Requireme                                             nt.parse('django-announcements==1.2.0'))