5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2012 10:00 PM by Nathan Chan RSS

which RIOS supports SCA

Is SCA supported in Rios 6.5.0 and any special licenses required to enable it or is it on by default

My current prod Rios is 6.1.0

• Re: which RIOS supports SCA
    Nathan Chan

Hi Raghu,

SCA code versions can be found on the support site under Steelhead Cloud Accelerator

Riverbed Support: Software - Downloads - SCA

In the earlier RiOS versions, we use a specific version to enable SCA (postfixed with "-SCA")

6.5.4b-sca3 and 7.0.5a-sca are the latest in the 6.5 and 7.0 code streams.

v8.0.x RiOS has the SCA code built in and does not require a specific build..

Regards

Nathan

Nathan,

Thanks for your response.

All of our steelheads are running software with version 6.1.0. As we are told that this software is not capable of utilizing SCA and we have to upgrade our software to at least 6.5.0.

Is that the case or is upgrading the software enough to get steelhead have cloud accelerator enabled?

I’ve found Steelhead cloud accelerator images available to download, and do I need to install them as well on our steelheads?

Nathan Chan

6.5.4b-sca3 is just a standard version of RiOS (6.5.4b) with the added SCA code.

So normal upgrade procedure applies.  A quick check on you upgrade path shows :

Upgrade path from 6.1.0 to 6.5.4:    6.1.0    6.5.4 

So you can simply download the 6.5.4b-sca3 and load it onto the Steelhead as normal and reboot and you're good to go.

Regards

Nathan

Updated by Riverbed Administrator on 1/20/2016 - Removed broken upgrade arrow gif reference. (https://support.riverbed.com/images/software/upgrade_arrow.gif)

Thanks Nathan.

Will the upgrade process will restart the  remote system itself automatically? I am asking as most of devices I am going to upgrade are remote and no I.T staff could help me in any case. And I believe upgrade can be done using CMC? Any upgrade procedures documents you can share?

Nathan Chan

Hi Raghu,

Once the code is loaded, the code will not become active till a reboot command is issue to the box.  You can push the firmware out via the CMC, or simply just use the GUI to do it.  You can also schedule when the reboot occurs.

Upgrade steps can be found in the standard Steelhead User Guide (if doing it via the GUI) or in the CMC User Guide (if doing it via CMC).

My normal procedure is load the code at a time convenient (over a weekend say) and then do a reboot early one morning.  Note that we always have the previous version of Firmware kept in the backup partition so should anything happen it will fail back to the old code.

Good Luck